cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyee4614
Helper V
Helper V

Consent Forms - Signatures

Hi.  I'm playing around with a form.  This form would require employee approval.  The concern I have with this form is it could potentially be used for 1,000 employees per day.  I need a solution that could scale.  Here are my options (as I see them).  Please let me know if there is something I missed or a better way to approach this.  Thank you!

Note: My data source would probably be a SQL server and I'd be using PowerApps 2

1 - Store the blob link in SQL.  Build some sort of process to convert the blob to a signature picture.  Concern: I have no idea how to do this or if it is possible.  However, this would probably be the best option since it wouldn't require flow and and I'd have everything stored together.

2- Create a PDF.  This would take the signature and all the data for the employee and put it into a filled out PDF and save it in some sort of compliance file.  Concern: This would be harder to find as the signatures would be in a separate file.  Additionally, I haven't used flow a lot and I'd have concerns about flows breaking or capacity issues.  For a collection of 30 people, can flow perform bulk actions or would it have to do it one by one?

3 - Email out the signatures.  This is probably a worse version of the PDF idea.  Basically, I'd collect all the signatures in a collection, convert it to JPG, and email them out to a user to review them.  

4- Add in a badge.  The employees would have to scan in and scan out using the badge.  Each employee has their own badge to confirm their consent.  

5- I didn't think about this earlier but I guess I can probably patch in the image to the record via flow, too.

4 REPLIES 4
dyee4614
Helper V
Helper V

Bump.

Hi @dyee4614 ,

I am not sure what response you are looking for here. Power Apps will do most if not all of what you want - strategies depend on a whole bunch of things and different people will have different approaches and mine to all of this would be SharePoint as it would do the job and can be used on a standard E3 licence, however Azure would also work I suspect.

The function of this forum is to primarily to assist with specific code issues when you get a certain way and get stuck. 

@WarrenBelz I'm asking for advice on the best way to set up a consent form in PowerApps as we need the signature field to be retrievable. 

I understand @dyee4614 ,

I simply answered because no one else had and provided some guidance on the general function of this forum.

I am a SharePoint user and as mentioned all of that could be done with a SharePoint backend.
If other forum members want to offer design advice, this thread is still open.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,789)