cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carem
Helper III
Helper III

Consult about the step to create a app with Sharepoint like a relationship DataBase

I have a Process of Sale Order like this:

Sale Order Process (Image 1)Sale Order Process (Image 1)

I created some list like this:

- Sale Order List: manage main service (Form Complete) and status of to-do work.

- Certify Document List (to-do work): 1 Sale Order may have 1 or multiple Certify Document Requests.

- Translation List (to-do work): 1 Sale Order may have 1 or multiple Translation Requests.

- Make Payment List (to-do work): 1 Sale Order may have 1 or multiple Make Payment Requests.

Submit (to-do work)

- Buy Order List (Make payment for to-do work): 1 To-Do Work has only 1 Payment Request.

In my Canvas, I create a Collection in 1 Screen to Display all To-Do Work, see Below (example 2 of n To-Do Work):

All To-Do Work in Collection... (Image 2)All To-Do Work in Collection... (Image 2)

Display Collection (Image 3)Display Collection (Image 3)

OrderID: In To-Do List or Library, have OrderID to reference by SaleOrderList or Buy Order List

OrderSourceList: Name of Sharepoint List of the To-Do Work.

OrderScreen: Name of Screen in Canvas App to Manage the To-Do Work (Create, Edit, View)

OrderCompleted: If the OrderStatus Field in To-Do List set to be "Completed" -> Make it true

You click the "Plus Icon" above and get into my To-Do OrderScreen like Document Certify Screen:

I have a Collection to collect all the To-Do Requests created before for this Sale Order and 1 Form to Edit the Items on Collection.

1 To-Do List (Image 4)1 To-Do List (Image 4)

And when you click Make BO, you get into the "Buy Order List" to make payment to this To-Do work.

To-Do Work Screen (Image 5)To-Do Work Screen (Image 5)

I want when

I save this Image 4 Form, the Status of the first request of To-Do Work in the Collection will change if The To-Do Work Status is Completed. 

I save this Image 5 form, The Payment Status of Buy Order Last Submit Items will patch into the To-Do List and Display the Status of this Buy Order

I want to know

- how many buttons I should create in each Form and the formula in each Button to save and update the data to the previous screen?

1 REPLY 1
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@carem 

If you use the right expression, it can take as little as one button per form to do this, though it would need to be done in specific way.

The project you are describing seems somewhat large and complex, so we'd rather not elaborate at this time, but we did want to encourage you for now by letting you know, that it may be possible to have as little as one button per form. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,556)