cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Contacts function in Office 365 Outlook connector

How does the Contacts functions work in the Office 365's Contacts sample app?

I am trying to Submit the Name and Mobile number with a form directly to a user's Outlook address book, or even better (if possible) to an Outlook shared address book.

I referred to this article in the documentation, but it says it is not yet supported, but I have already seen it in use with the Sample Office 365's Contacts sample app. Just wondering if there is a Wiki, a blog entry or somewhere else in which this functions are being documented.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Contacts function in Office 365 Outlook connector

Hi @DanielMagMat,

I checked the Contacts Sample app, and found the function used for the corresponding actions.

Currently I also didn't find the corresponding documents or article talking about this.

I will share my understanding for those functions used in the sample App:

1. Office365.ContactGetTables()

This function woull return a list of records for the Contacts table, contacts table here refers to Contacts folder. No parameter needed for this function.

2. Office365.ContactGetTable(Table)

Single record for a Contacts folder, parameter is the corresponding Contacts folder Name, with double quoted, example:

Office365.ContactGetTable("Contacts")

3. Office365.ContactGetitems(Table)

A list of records for the contacts, required parameter is the corresponding Contacts folder Name, with double quoted, example:

Office365.ContactGetitems("Contacts")

4. Office365.ContactGetItem( Table, Id)

Will Get a single record of the Contact, required parameter is Contacts folder name with double quote, and the corresponding Contact Id (Identifier).

5. Office365.ContactDeleteItem(Table, Id)

Which would delete the contacts info, with the information specified,

6.Office365.ContactPatchItem(Table, Id, GivenName ....)

This function is used to Edit the corresponding Contact item, with all the parameters required in the Contacts item, along with the table (Contacts folder) and Id (Contact Item identifier) field,

7. Office365.ContactPostItem(Table, Id, GivenName,....)

This function is used to create new record for Contacts, parameter is similar to PatchItem function.

Those functions should all wotk with record types, so the Contact sample App would then work them together with Collection, to display the records correctly in the Gallery.

For the usage details, please try to open the Contact Sample App in Edit mode, which then you will find the corresponding function usage in the corresponding controls' property.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielMagMat,

I checked the Contacts Sample app, and found the function used for the corresponding actions.

Currently I also didn't find the corresponding documents or article talking about this.

I will share my understanding for those functions used in the sample App:

1. Office365.ContactGetTables()

This function woull return a list of records for the Contacts table, contacts table here refers to Contacts folder. No parameter needed for this function.

2. Office365.ContactGetTable(Table)

Single record for a Contacts folder, parameter is the corresponding Contacts folder Name, with double quoted, example:

Office365.ContactGetTable("Contacts")

3. Office365.ContactGetitems(Table)

A list of records for the contacts, required parameter is the corresponding Contacts folder Name, with double quoted, example:

Office365.ContactGetitems("Contacts")

4. Office365.ContactGetItem( Table, Id)

Will Get a single record of the Contact, required parameter is Contacts folder name with double quote, and the corresponding Contact Id (Identifier).

5. Office365.ContactDeleteItem(Table, Id)

Which would delete the contacts info, with the information specified,

6.Office365.ContactPatchItem(Table, Id, GivenName ....)

This function is used to Edit the corresponding Contact item, with all the parameters required in the Contacts item, along with the table (Contacts folder) and Id (Contact Item identifier) field,

7. Office365.ContactPostItem(Table, Id, GivenName,....)

This function is used to create new record for Contacts, parameter is similar to PatchItem function.

Those functions should all wotk with record types, so the Contact sample App would then work them together with Collection, to display the records correctly in the Gallery.

For the usage details, please try to open the Contact Sample App in Edit mode, which then you will find the corresponding function usage in the corresponding controls' property.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Ok I do not get the contacts templte to look at.  Must be our level of subscription.  I am really struggling with

Office365.ContactPostItem() 

This requires certain perameters to be in a table.  I am extracting from a simput textinput.  How do I make that into a table?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Ok I worked this one out.

Highlighted

Could you explain how you did it?

I am building an App with the AI function that transfers the information of a business card directly to an outlook contact. Could you help me out? 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It was a while ago but my issue related to understanding tables.  A lot of the PostItems Arguments has posting to mulitple items fields which are sub tables.  Here is the  code I used for mine.    I have inserted in black some explanations where I think helps.  

Office365.ContactPostItem("Contacts", My outlook contacts

varFN, a variable with First name
Table({Value:Label7.Text}), need to create a table based on the third argument.  

Below is the statemnt between {},  note the need to create tables for two of the arguments

{DisplayName:Label7_4.Text,

JobTitle:Label7_5.Text,
EmailAddresses:Table({Address:Label7.Text,Name:Label7_4.Text}),

MobilePhone1:varMob,
BusinessPhones:Table({Value:vartel}),

OfficeLocation:Label7_6.Text,
Department:Label7_8.Text,

CompanyName:Label7_7.Text});

Highlighted

Thank you that already helped a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,808)