cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Continuous forms

I have a phone canvas app set up with 3 standard forms all based on a sharepoint list

Gallery which displays current jobs

Job details screen which displays data on job selected from the initial gallery screen

Edit screen where data is completed for the job selected from the gallery

I have a second sharePoint list that i want to populate with a list of equipment used on the job. I have a button from the edit screen to go to this new screen but i don't know how to set this up and link back to the selected job. The data will post back into the second sharepoint list just brief data

Job ID

Euipment

quantity

I have set the new edit form up and linked it to the second sharePoint list but i don't know to

1. automatically pull through the selected Job ID

2. set the form up as multiple input lines

Any suggestions please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Continuous forms

Hi @judithComp ,

So I understand your requirements, I will make the following assumptions and ask that you confirm these are correct in my suggestion below.

I would assume the JobID is in the data forming the gallery that the selects the job and that this exact value is contained in a field in the second list where you need to get the equipment list from. If you have not already, I suggest this be given a different field name - I have called it IDRef below and will also use the names SPList2 for your second list and Gallery1 for the gallery. So from what I see, you want a gallery on your edit form displaying the Equipment and Quantity used on the job, so the user can decide what to put in the fields.

For this, put a gallery on the form with the following settings.

The Items should be

Filter(
   SPList2,
   IDRef = Gallery1.Selected.ID
)

And the two text labels in this gallery should be

ThisItem.equipment
and
ThisItem.Quantity

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @judithComp ,

So I understand your requirements, I will make the following assumptions and ask that you confirm these are correct in my suggestion below.

I would assume the JobID is in the data forming the gallery that the selects the job and that this exact value is contained in a field in the second list where you need to get the equipment list from. If you have not already, I suggest this be given a different field name - I have called it IDRef below and will also use the names SPList2 for your second list and Gallery1 for the gallery. So from what I see, you want a gallery on your edit form displaying the Equipment and Quantity used on the job, so the user can decide what to put in the fields.

For this, put a gallery on the form with the following settings.

The Items should be

Filter(
   SPList2,
   IDRef = Gallery1.Selected.ID
)

And the two text labels in this gallery should be

ThisItem.equipment
and
ThisItem.Quantity

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks so much for this .. I cant click the accept as solution for some reason but please take as accepted

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks @judithPA ,

Try on this post (Accept) - it closes the item

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,463)