cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandopelli
Regular Visitor

Control not functioning when it is placed inside a gallery

OK. Something seems to have changed recently regarding controls that are located within the bounds of a gallery. In my specific case, I have a gallery in which I wanted to add an icon next to each item that would navigate to a different screen when selected. I have done this several times in the past, and actually have examples that function perfectly on the screen I am working on. However, no matter what I do now, the minute the control is placed in the gallery, it will not complete the navigate function. If I copy and paste it outside the gallery, it works fine. I have checked every parameter on the control and cant figure out why it would work fine outsude the gallery but not inside...

Any help?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mandopelli
Regular Visitor

Re: Control not functioning when it is placed inside a gallery

I solved it! I did not realize that my gallery was configured as "View" not "Edit." I was unaware that that setting affected the ability for controls to function.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello Mandopelli,

I can't seem to reproduce this problem. Here is what I do:

1. Create a new app

2. Drop a blank vertical gallery on the screen

3. Add an icon

4. Add a new screen (Screen2)

5. Set Icon.OnSelect = Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.Fade)

When I click on the icon, the app navigates to Screen 2. Do you see a different behavior?

Thanks,

Mandopelli
Regular Visitor

I solved it! I did not realize that my gallery was configured as "View" not "Edit." I was unaware that that setting affected the ability for controls to function.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,899)