cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayDee
Level: Powered On

Controlling the scroll bar

Hello!

I was wondering if it's possible to control the scroll bar using code?

Scenario:

I have a form with a set of fields that a user fills out. There are more fields than can be seen on a single screen, therefore I have a scroll bar so they can scroll down and up to enter data in the relevant fields.

Once submit form has been pressed,the app returns to the main page. When the user attemps to enter another ticket by navigating back to the "edit screen" page, the scroll bar remains in the same Y position as it was left on the previous ticket. Generally speaking, this is at the bottom of the ticket (as it gets completed from top to bottom). Is there any way that I can force the scrollbar back to the top?

Second scenario - User enters data in the fields. Scrolls to the bottom and once finished, hits the "submit" button. If the user has entered any incorrect data, the process is stopped and the error message shown, however the scroll bar does not return automatically to the error, leaving the user to have to scroll back up to find out where they went wrong.

Hope that makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Controlling the scroll bar

Hi @JayDee,

So far you cannot control the scroll bar with code, yet you can submit an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Max1
Level 8

Hello,

Did you ever find a solution to this? Very frustrating that when completing multiple forms the user is always sent to the bottom of the form and has to scroll up!

Perhaps a function to reset the form after submit?

Toltekrom
Level: Powered On

Yea I would like to see the function available as well. Been fumbling around with Default in Gallery and would like to be able to return to selected item instead it jumping back to the otp of the list

I do see that there is a SCROLL option in the code but it doesn't have a hint to say what it is for

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys!

I would like to hidden scroll bar(Horizontal and vertical) too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,565)