cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodneyjoyce

Controls disappear during development

Hi,

My app has a hidden popup screen that is shown with a variable and visibility when I click on a button on the main form.

During development, half of the controls (buttons and the checkbox and some labels) disappear when I Preview it. It makes it VERY hard to debug and dev.

If I PUBLISH the app, it seems to work fine. This is obviously not a solution as I cannot publish the app every 5 minutes during my Dev cycle to test it. 

Here's a screenshot of the popup window in a published version (apologies it is under NDA so many things are blurred out)

9jqUAW8

and then here is the SAME popup window when previewed during Development. The Red boxes indicate the missing controls.

The z-order is correct (the Popup is at the very front) and all the controls have their Visible property set to the same field - I am convinced it is a PowerApps bug.

Thoughts?

0lEcUK5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rodneyjoyce ,

Do you mean that some of your controls disappear when preview?

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

Here's my test for your reference:

1)I create a popup window based on your layout:

a Rectangle, three labels, a radio, two buttons

2)Group these controls together

551.PNG

Please notice the controls' order and fill.

They may be covered by each other.

3)insert a button to make the popup window display/disappear.

set the button's OnSelect:

Set(var,!var)

set group1's Visible: var

Then if I click the button , the popup window will display. If I click twice, the popup window will disappear.

All the controls are changing together.

(Both my preview mode and running mode, the app works good.)

55.gif

If your problem still exists, please show me your settings about these controls and the button to make them visible.

Actually, I think your key problem is about order and fill. Please check these firstly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rodneyjoyce ,

Do you mean that some of your controls disappear when preview?

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

Here's my test for your reference:

1)I create a popup window based on your layout:

a Rectangle, three labels, a radio, two buttons

2)Group these controls together

551.PNG

Please notice the controls' order and fill.

They may be covered by each other.

3)insert a button to make the popup window display/disappear.

set the button's OnSelect:

Set(var,!var)

set group1's Visible: var

Then if I click the button , the popup window will display. If I click twice, the popup window will disappear.

All the controls are changing together.

(Both my preview mode and running mode, the app works good.)

55.gif

If your problem still exists, please show me your settings about these controls and the button to make them visible.

Actually, I think your key problem is about order and fill. Please check these firstly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

yichingjc
Helper II
Helper II

@v-yutliu-msft I have similar issue. My control works in studio and preview but it doesnt work once published. 

PaulD1
Super User
Super User

I have experienced this on complex screens with many controls. Oddly, repositioning the whole 'pop-up' (not the individual controls within it) resolved the issue.

It was very strange - like if there are too many controls layered over each other (with some marked as visible=false) PowerApps gets confused and doesn't render them properly. The control that was not rendering (a button) was the top-most element (z order). When moving the 'pop up' group either the whole button would appear or not appear, it was never a case that it was partially hidden. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,102)