cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Posfog
Helper I
Helper I

Convert Date to Week Number (number format)

Hi all,
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I am new to PowerApps and PowerBi and have this following issue that i would like some advice if possible.

I have the following formula in PowerApps that converts the Date to the text "WK" and then the working week number.

"WK" & RoundDown((RoundUp (
DataCardValue10.SelectedDate - Date(
Year(DataCardValue10.SelectedDate - Weekday(DataCardValue10.SelectedDate - 1) + 4),
),
) + Weekday(
Date(
Year(DataCardValue10.SelectedDate - Weekday(DataCardValue10.SelectedDate - 1) + 4),
)
) + 5) / 7,
)

This in itself works fine, with all the data going to sharepoint, but when i am pulling the data into a PowerBi report the slicer i use for the Week Number puts the weeks into a format that is unuseful 
Eg
WK1
WK11
WK13
WK2
WK3
WK33
WK4

Is there a way that the formula above would add a leading zero to any week number between 1 and 9 as i believe this would sort the issue in PowerBi

kind Regards

12 REPLIES 12

Worked like a charm!! Thank you!!

Hi,

The Formula is working but, 2021 is 1 week behind. Instead of showing WK07 it show WK06 - does it need to be change every year?

Thanks 

Almog

@amoshe2  the other solution posted here may work for your use case. The solution that ScottDrow gave me works for my use case where the first week of the year is that with Jan 1st regardless of the # of days of the new year in that week. I attempted to paste it below but for 2 days in a row now this page is giving me an "invalid HTML" error

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,873)