cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFWright
Helper III
Helper III

Convert Phone App to Tablet / Looking for an Update

I have a complex phone app, with around 20 pages that I need to convert to tablet. 

This tutorial (https://toddbaginski.com/blog/how-to-convert-a-powerapp-from-one-layout-to-another/) doesn't seem to work any longer. 

Looking for suggestions on how to quickly (relatively) convert the layout, resolution and orientation to tablet (landscape) from phone (portrait). 

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was so easy it was scary!!! Thanks!!!

This still works although using the Power App CLI makes it a lot easier the properties config is now called CanvasManifest.json

Hello @iAm_ManCat @would this also work for converting a tablet app to a mobile app? 

This is awesome solution that I used in the past. Things changed since then - is there any way we can update this for 2022? Inability of changing layout for the apps (especially created automatically) looks like glaring omission on MS side 😞 neglected for years

@vladisam1 ,

I used this guide and was successful in converting my canvas tablet app to a mobile app. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-officially-convert-a-mobile-app-to-Ta... 

I used it too. I cannot see properties.json anymore - we have 2 json files now (manifest.json and another one deeper in the folder structure) but i am not sure how to go about them.

I see, make sure you are using 7Zip to complete this. That is how I finally got it to work. 

Also, check out this link for an updated process:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/PowerAppsForum1/message-id/1... 

Thanks. BTW is it correct link - it leads me to the Sancho's post from 2019 (still using properties.json)?

Jumanamahmoud60

Hi, it sounds like you have Exported the app rather than used the Save As > This Computer method.

I have just tested these steps as I described above and they are still working.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,985)