cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJamez
Frequent Visitor

Convert Sharepoint People Displayname from Table type to Text to function in Lookup?

Hi

I am trying to Lookup a Sharepoint List People value (DisplayName) but I am getting an error that Expected value is Text. When I have the cursor after the last parenthesis it shows the value, but it will not display the result in the Label.

ss.png

LookUp('Risiko CheckListe', Title = DDProjektname.Selected.Title, ProjektManager.DisplayName)

DDProjektname is a drop down.

I have tried adding .value & .text after DisplayName, I have seen suggestions of using Concat() but I am not sure how. Any ideas please?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joeinmay
Resolver II
Resolver II

Most likely the "ProjektManager" people picker field allows multiple values. So the lookup formula is trying to return a table.

Try using the below:

LookUp('Risiko CheckListe', Title = DDProjektname.Selected.Title, Concat(ProjektManager.DisplayName,DisplayName,","))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
joeinmay
Resolver II
Resolver II

Most likely the "ProjektManager" people picker field allows multiple values. So the lookup formula is trying to return a table.

Try using the below:

LookUp('Risiko CheckListe', Title = DDProjektname.Selected.Title, Concat(ProjektManager.DisplayName,DisplayName,","))

PJamez
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! So much to learn 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,796)