Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie12
Helper V
Helper V

Convert TextBox to Date Picker in PowerApps

Hi,

I have a Textbox in my Edit form that I would like to convert to Datepicker in PowerApps. The DataSource is Excel Table and the Textbox name is "Registration". I would like to save the selected date in Date-Month-Year ex (01-Mar-2020) format. I am not sure how to achieve this PowerApps ?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

15 REPLIES 15

When you say not getting populated in the Date Textbox what formula are you using;

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd-mmm-yyyy")?

You can hide the time picker. 

In the textbox use:

Date.PNG

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24,

Let me back up little bit. So previously, the "Registration" column title was set to Date. However, I didn't selected entire column in Excel Table. So I fixed that issue. Once the issue was fixed, I re-added the column using "Add fields".

Per your suggestion, I hide the time boxes.

For Date box, the "DefaultDate" property is set to Today(), and the "Format" property of Date Box is set to Text("dd-mmm-yyy"). This is displaying the date correctly now in DateBox. However, after clicking "Submit" button, instead of saving Date as 01-Mar-2020. In excel, the output is saved as 03/01/2020. Any workaround with this ? I would like to save in same format as I have in the form.

Thanks in advance for help!

You have to format that in Excel.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24,

Thanks! Seems like on submission time is also getting saved. Is there a way to avoid Time Submission ? Eventhough I set Time boxes to invisible ?

Start column name with word "date" if your field name is Registration than it must be "Date Registration"

this will definitely work.

ankurvadher
Frequent Visitor

In This case you have to edit its "default" property to "Text(ThisItem.Date,"dd/mm/yyyy")"

It will definitely work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,653)