cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenjoy84
Helper II
Helper II

Convert table to text

I want to convert table to text. I try to use "concut", but it seems doesn't work as I expected.

Could you give me a thought?

I am using collection, so I am attaching error message and the value inside the collection.

In this "Dept Type" (Dept Group) column, multiple values can be saved.

I tried with 

Concat(ComboBox3.SelectedItems, DeptGroup.Value. & ",")

And

Concat(ComboBox3.SelectedItems, DeptGroup. & ",")

But, still, there is error.

Kenjoy84_1-1600131001072.pngKenjoy84_1-1600127730153.pngKenjoy84_0-1600127691674.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Kenjoy84 

So you are saying that in addition to the possibility that multiple items may be selected in your combobox (if you are allowing multiple selections) that each selection may itself have multiple values in the DeptGroup table?

If so, then you can consider this formula:

Concat(ComboBox3.SelectedItems, Concat(DeptGroup, Value & ","))

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Kenjoy84 

You might consider changing your formula to the following:

Concat(ComboBox3.SelectedItems, Value. & ",")

This is assuming that you are already using the DeptGroup as the basis for your Items property of your ComboBox.

If not, then please share the Formula you have for the Items property on that combobox.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Thank you for your support!

I tried with your formula, but there is error still.

I am sharing item property of comboBox which my formula referring.

Dept_Type column(table format) is equal to DeptGroup column which I want to get.

Thank you very much.

Kenjoy84_0-1600209174661.png

@Kenjoy84 

Okay, your items are based on a collection.  It originally appeared from your picture that your collection had a single column called "Value".  Upon examining your Formulas on the other items, it appears that you have actually a collection with several columns that have Tables of Values under them. 

If you will only have one value in DeptGroup, then I would reconsider that strategy of having a table of values for only one in your colleciton.

So the formula should be:

Concat(ComboBox3.SelectedItems, First(DeptGroup).Value & ",")

Because in this case you are needing to get the first record of your table of values under the DeptGroup column in your collection.

Thank you very much! It works!

However, actually there are multiple values in this table.

Is there a way to show multiple values?

@Kenjoy84 

So you are saying that in addition to the possibility that multiple items may be selected in your combobox (if you are allowing multiple selections) that each selection may itself have multiple values in the DeptGroup table?

If so, then you can consider this formula:

Concat(ComboBox3.SelectedItems, Concat(DeptGroup, Value & ","))

View solution in original post

This works perfectly! Thank you very much for your support!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,835)