Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kandaswamyg
Helper I
Helper I

Converting Infopath to power apps

Hi All,

I am new to power apps. My org. having hundreds of Infopath forms & SP designer workflow in on-premise and they want to convert them into power apps & power automate using model driven & CDS. My question is from technical perspective Is there any limitations in power apps & power automate I should foresee?.  Please Advise.

Kanda.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kandaswamyg ,

Sorry I missed your post - if you tag me in your response it is much easier to see in my feed.

Unfortunately, you are not the first person to ask this question. Getting your data to CDS could probably be automated (after creating the Entities) with Power Automate to some extent or even a ForAll loop in Power Apps, but there is no InfoPath conversion tool as such. However here is a video that may be useful to you.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kandaswamyg ,

Very broad question - if you can be more specific as to what you are concerned about, this forum can provide some guidance.

KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kandaswamyg ,

I hope the below 2 articles give an idea to plan on this migration, if I get you right you want to know the limitations/roadblocks to execute your migration smooth.

The key differences between InfoPath and PowerApps
https://collab365.community/infopath-vs-powerapps-differences/

PowerApps Limitations As An InfoPath Alternative
https://www.formotus.com/blog/powerapps-limitations

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi WarrenBelz,

As Krishna mentioned, I was looking for any road blocks or limitations in this. 

Also I would like to know, Is there any tool available in the market to migrate the data from SharePoint On-Prem to Power Apps/CDS?

Hi @Kandaswamyg ,

Sorry I missed your post - if you tag me in your response it is much easier to see in my feed.

Unfortunately, you are not the first person to ask this question. Getting your data to CDS could probably be automated (after creating the Entities) with Power Automate to some extent or even a ForAll loop in Power Apps, but there is no InfoPath conversion tool as such. However here is a video that may be useful to you.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,627)