cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarjitSamra
Advocate II
Advocate II

Copy SharePoint form from Dev to Prod

We have created 2 new SharePoint sites - one will be the Dev site, and the other the PROD site.

I've created a Power Apps form in Dev, and am able to export it as a zip file.  How do I import it into the PROD site?

9 REPLIES 9
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

If you are referring to the SharePoint Integrated Power App, you cannot directly, however if you let Power Apps create the new one in Prod, open up the Dev item in another tab, you can deleted the Prod form and paste the Dev one straight in. You would need also to repeat any changes you made in SharePointIntegration.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi,

I found that selecting all the controls and pasting them worked.

How do you copy the form from Dev?  Right-clicking on the form - there's no copy option..

Hi @HarjitSamra ,

The old-fashioned Select form - Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V on the new one works fine.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz , selecting the Dev form, CTRL-C, and then changing to Prod form (2nd Tab), CTRL-V - nothing happens for me.

You mentioned deleting the Prod form first - but there is no Delete option on it..

Hi @HarjitSamra ,

I do this regularly and it always works fine. To delete the old form, simply select it and press the delete key.Ensure you have both opened and the old one deleted before you copy.

HarjitSamra
Advocate II
Advocate II

@WarrenBelz , I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  

On my "Prod" environment - I have the form selected, there's no Delete option, and pressing Del doesn't remove the form:

HarjitSamra_1-1614599189901.png

Hi @HarjitSamra ,

You need to select the actual form on the screen. I can assure you it works.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I do have the form selected.

I'll stick with copying and pasting all the controls on the form.. 

Thanks for your help

OK @HarjitSamra ,

I am not sure what is wrong on your end, but I do a lot of these (I create the standalone app first, then use the a Form from it in the Integrated app). I have the process set out in this article on my site.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,678)