cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VisibleFilm
Helper I
Helper I

Copy form from one Powerapp to another

Hi all - I have a highly customized PowerApps form that is default form for a SharePoint list.  I have another SharePoint list and I would like to use a copy of the same PowerApps form as the default form for that list.  Is there a simple way to do this?  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
PowerAddict
Super User II
Super User II

How about you save the form using a diff name and then either use that form for the other list OR copy all the controls from your 1st app and paste it into the other.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

Thanks Hardit - I don't have the option to "Save As" under a different name(See attached image - I think this is because it is the default PowerApp tied to the SharePoint list).  Any idea if there is another way to do this?

Also, I tried copy the controls from the first form(Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C) and then pasting into the new form(Ctrl +V) but the control did not copy over.  Am I doing this the incorrect way?  Surprised there is not an easier way to accomplish this.

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @VisibleFilm 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to copy customized SharePoint forms from one list to another.

There is an post in the ideas forum that you can vote on here.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Move-or-Copy-a-SharePoint-list-PowerApps-Custom... 

Thanks @timl I will double check but not sure why I was under the impression that I had copied components over from one app to another. My apologies if that was incorrect info.

No worries @PowerAddict. I hope you're right and that there is a way to do this! Thanks for all your great contributions in the forum by the way 🙂

Thanks a lot @timl ! Means a lot coming from you! Trying to help as much as I can 🙂
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VisibleFilm ,

Firstly, it's not supported to copy a custom form directly by using PowerApps.

Secondly, you could export components and import components.

I suggest you try components.

You could combine many controls and settings that are common in your original form, save them in a component.

And then export it. In your new form, import this component, which could reduce you much time.

To do you , you need to turn this setting on:

11214.PNG

After you create your components in your original form , choose export components.

Then in your new form, choose import components.

11215.PNG

Then, your components will be copied in the new form. 😀

Here's a doc about how to use component for your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/components-available-in-preview/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,155)