cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Copy info from website info - table format

Hi

Is there any way to select text from a website (it is formatted on the website as a table with multiple columns) and then paste that into something - Excel spreadsheet or MS form or Powerapps form - and then pull the variables that I want from the info that was pasted?

Website Example:

Order number:        435345345 

Customer:               Mr. Smith

Phone:                    555-1212

Color:                     Blue

Size:                        Medium

Date:                      11/20/20

I would like to do a quick select and copy of the above table and paste it into powerapps or a form, or somewhere - and then have the flow programed to pull out the data of the -- order number, phone and date -- and add only that to my sharepoint list or send it to me in an email. I don't need the other information but it would save a lot of time if I could just copy the entire section off the screen and paste it in shot instead of copying and pasting individual information.

Thanks for any ideas - even if they are only a partial idea of how this might work

Becky

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hello BeckyC,

There are a couple things you would first want to confirm.
1. is this a set table with information you would always consistently grab.

2. are you planning for the table to be updated / modified relatively frequently(say at least once a week or a couple times a month)

3. is this data you have access through other mean besides the website(I.E. is your organization uploading it to the website or are you just pulling it directly from the website).

The reason for this is there are a couple routes you could go from there. If this is just a one time grab, you should be able to just copy and past it into an excel spreadsheet and make that a table(Tables are required for the Excel connector). This will then let you do with it as you wish.

Whereas if you have access to the data before it is uploaded to the website(I.E. your organization manages the website), you may want to speak with the section of your org that manages it to see if they have an already existing system that could include either a SharePoint or excel file.

Note: Another form of access would be if this is updated using an application your organization has access to the API for, as you can create a custom connector for it should there not be a connector that already exists.

Otherwise, if you do not have access to the info outside of from pulling from the web page directly and there is going to be frequent grabbing of the info to update. You may want to look at something like a UI Flow

UI flows let you setup a automate process of keyboard strokes and Mouse clicks that can be used to interact with screens and applications that do not have an API(or ability to do an HTTP Get request) so that you can still automate the grabbing of info. The idea with this would be that if you have to frequently check for updates to see if the data changes you would use a combination of mouse and keyboard inputs to grab the entire list, then with that list grab you can put it into an excel spreadsheet to trigger a second flow or even setup the flow that runs the UI flow to validate the info with what you currently have to identify any changes.

Have a good day,

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,719)