cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ms-PowerRanger2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Copying & Pasting a ComboBox that referrences a Person SharePoint Data type Resets the IsSearchable field to false

Has anyone experienced an issue with copying & pasting a ComboBox that holds a Person SharePoint Data Type in the items property where the pasted version does not keep the IsSearchable field value and is reset to false when the original ComboBox that is being copied holds the value as true or some variable?  Is this a known bug?

Actually, It appears to happen randomly even with other data types used with ComboBox, like Choice data types.

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Ms-PowerRanger2 ,

I did some tests on my side and unfortunately I can't confirm this issue. Of course, I can't exclude the possibility that might appear in some regions like yours.

From my point of view, it is not a critical bug just because the ComboBox control became somehow unusable in the given conditions (person type) and this behavior cannot pass unnoticed during the tests.

Being aware of this unusual behavior, try to check the property value after the copy-paste operations.\

@gabibalaban Thanks for your Response.  This behavior seems to be sporadic.  I typically have choice fields nested within layers of vertical and horizontal containers and am using variables for a variety of the other properties within the ComboBox Control.  Potentially it is something that occurs when the set-up is more complicated.  Maybe in the future, I'll take notice if there is something else more specific that seems to trigger the behavior.  I've also run into this when exporting and importing a solution into another organization's environment.  In the environment of origin IsSearchable is true and in the imported environment I've had to update the IsSearchable field back to reflect true.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,131)