cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandana
Helper IV
Helper IV

Cost comparison between Populate a Microsoft Word template connector or plumsail for converting populating template

Hi,

Please tell me which is more cost effective. Populate a Microsoft Word template connector or plumsail for converting populating template.

Please tell me cost of both.

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@vandana 

You'll have to contact Plumsail to ask the price.  Then contact your Microsoft rep.  Compare the two prices.  Which one is more cost effective would depend on what deals they give you.

In brief: the forum cannot tell you this.  You must go do this research yourself.  Not trying to be rude, but that's what needs to happen here.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The answer to that is going to be very dependent on your local situation and how you intend to use the products.

• The word connector in Power Apps is premium so you will need either a Per App or Per User license for each user. Prices are also very negotiable with Microsoft based on what you are doing.  But the cost here can be calculated based on your known user count. The premium licensing also has the advantage that it lets you use any of the premium features, not just the word connector.
  • Plumsail pricing is based on a number of executions per month, not users.  So it is completely dependent on the number of times your users will use it in a month.  This will probably be a harder number to calculate than the number of users who will use the connector.  But for most organizations and general usage the overall cost will probably be lower.  But it only gives you access to the features of the connector, not the premium features of Power Apps.

In short, without knowing a lot more of the specifics of your organization and requirements its really hard to predict the cost comparison.  In most cases, Plumsail will be cheaper but you may still need Power Apps premium licensing for other reasons.  If that is the case the the Microsoft licensing would be a "sunk" cost and therefore less expensive in the long run.

I hope that analysis helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Max44
Helper V
Helper V

In the second parameter, we specified data that is being applied to the template in JSON format:

{
    "invoiceNumber": "432",
    "company": {
        "email": "sales@sample.com",
        "address": "3 Main St.New York NY 97203 USA",
        "phone": "202-555-0131"
    },
    "date": "2018-05-21",
    "items": [
        {
            "product": {
                "name": "Monitor",
                "price": 99
            },
            "quantity": 10,
            "cost": 990
        },
        {
                "name": "Stepler",
                "price": 12.44
            },
            "quantity": 1000,
            "cost": 12440
        },
        {
                "name": "Fridge",
                "price": 4219.99
            },
            "quantity": 1,
            "cost": 4219.99
        },
        {
                "name": "Microwave",
                "price": 99.99
            },
            "quantity": 5,
            "cost": 499.95
        },
        {
                "name": "Pen",
                "price": 7.23
            },
            "quantity": 100,
            "cost": 723
        }
    ],
    "total": 18872.94
}
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

@Max44 , I think you replied to the wrong thread.  You might want to double check the question your reply was supposed to be directed to.  This one is about pricing of Plumsail vs. Microsoft.

Thanks for the information you provided.

can you please tell me, If i will go for Populate microsoft word template- what will be per user cost.

and what are the plan available for plumsail. e.g. per month plan

@vandana 

This is not really something the forum can tell you.  As @Pstork1 said above the most cost-effective solution will be dependent upon your own scenario.  What you need to do is contact the vendors for those products and ask them what the cost is.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

According to their website Plumsail pricing for their documents connector is based on how many documents you process per month.  You can see the pricing in the screenshot below.

screenshot.png

Pricing for premium connectors in Power Apps is based on user count.  If you are only going to build one app with a premium connector then you can buy a per App license, which retails for $10 per app per user per month.  If you are going to build more than 4 apps then its cheaper to get a per User license, which retails for $40 per user per month.

Of course both of these prices are open for negotiation with the companies.  I can only refer you to the retail price.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,748)