Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AakashJaiswal
Helper V
Helper V

Cost of SQL connector?

Hi,

I have office 365 E3 license so does every employee in my company. We have our SQL servers and I want to use it to store my PowerApps data. 

1. Will every employee need a separate license for SQL? 
  2. If yes, what is the cost?
  3. Where can I purchase it?'

Is there an option available other Sharepoint which is free and reliable for storing database?

Regards,

Aakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AakashJaiswal ,

1. Yes if the Power App is directly connected directly to the SQL source
  2. Per-user licence of $10 US per month for one app (actually 2) or $40 per month for unlimited
  3. Microsoft - start here

SharePoint is the best "free" (included in E3 licence) available. You can use Excel/OneDrive, but it has many more limitations than SharePoint.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AakashJaiswal ,

1. Yes if the Power App is directly connected directly to the SQL source
  2. Per-user licence of $10 US per month for one app (actually 2) or $40 per month for unlimited
  3. Microsoft - start here

SharePoint is the best "free" (included in E3 licence) available. You can use Excel/OneDrive, but it has many more limitations than SharePoint.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks Warren.

Regards,

Aakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,459)