cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could SPO List Form be used directly as a Power App

Have a requirement to create an App for users to enter data . This data would eventually be stored in an SPO List. I already have  customized SPO List form to Hide and Unhide columns based on a primary selection. The same logic has to be incorporated in a Standalone Powerapp (That I am planning to create). My question is , instead recreating a new PowerApp , could I use SPO List Form as an App . The users have to perform same functions i.e. Search and Edit as in SPO Form . 

If Yes, how could I make this App available to users such that it could be used on mobiles. 

What should be the best design Strategy in this case . SPO Form/App or Stand Alone App 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, these two apps would have to be separated.  It is not possible to create a single-app for both scenarios.

However, you could simply copy and paste most of the controls from one app into another to cut-down development time.  Bear in mind you would want to remove any references to the SharePoint integration.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, these two apps would have to be separated.  It is not possible to create a single-app for both scenarios.

However, you could simply copy and paste most of the controls from one app into another to cut-down development time.  Bear in mind you would want to remove any references to the SharePoint integration.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt response @mdevaney . 

However , If I create a standalone App , I have to link that back to this SPO list that I spoke about. So, Basically , whatever functions I could perform through this SPO Form , I would like that to be done through this new app too. Hence, I asked if instead of creating two apps could I just publish SPO form as an app . I am not sure if there is way to make SPO form appear as an app to end user such that they see a single item to edit etc.

As mDevaney said, unfortunately both the app and SharePoint list are two separate interfaces.

Some of the things that you get OOTB list form customizations must be done in the custom App.

But you could surely reuse some of the functions and code from list form to build app.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @KranthiTupakula . I think I misunderstood the previous reply from @mdevaney and hence clarified my question. I understand based on both your comments that It's not possible or advisable to use SPO List Form as a standalone app. Thanks for the confirmation. 

Good to hear that. Wish you good luck!! Happy App making.

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (4,843)