Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Could not find connection 'cbaaf7feb51741fca497ac3d7566c5fb' for API 'shared_sql'.

Hey guys, 


I'm having a problem with my PowerApp, the app is somehow retaining a SQL Connection that is no longer used and that I removed from the data sources. When I try to share the app with the users they get a message saying "This app needs access to this connection", the same thing happen when I try to export the app (trying to solve the error before), but then I get the "Could not find connection 'cbaaf7feb51741fca497ac3d7566c5fb' for API 'shared_sql'." message.


When looking in my SQL Connections, I can see that there is that one that I removed already from the PowerApp saying that it is still being used by the app.


PowerApps A.png


When I am on edit mode in the app, and I look at the Data Sources (View -> Data Sources), it is not there. 


Any idea about how to solve this?

Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

So... why is this one solved while there is no solution?


Working with multiple environments:

I managed to get the permission request go away by re-adding the connection, removing the connection, saving as a new PowerAppConnectorFree, exporting PowerAppConnectorFree, importing PowerAppConnectorFree to update already existing PowerApp --> no more permission popup request in already existing PowerApp in this environment.


However the already existing PowerApp is part of a Solution so when exporting Solution after all the above with this now correctly functioning existing PowerApp and importing the overall Solution in a brand new environment --> the permission popup request is back again 🤯

Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello everyone,


Same problem here...any new solution? I have so many connections that I can't even find witch one is causing the problem.

What is the difference between "exporting" and "saving as" a file ".msapp" in your computer and then uploading it?


Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

i got exact same problem cant export it.My project is very big 😥

Am witnessing the same problem 😞

I am sure it is a bug in PowerApps/Automate connections.


MY PowerApp shows several Flow connections. I have removed all references from the Data Tab as shown.
Have spent hours trying to figure out the problem.

I was running into the same error saying that power automate "Could not find connection" for a SQL server connector I was no longer using in my project. However, I was able to successfully export the project after the following steps:


1. Identify the connector(s) causing the error/no longer in use

2. Edit the flow and add any action step that uses the connector throwing the error

3. Delete the action step

4. Export the flow

Helpful resources

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,266)