cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mo_gamal
Advocate I
Advocate I

Count All Items in SharePoint List (Huge List)

Dear All,

Please need your Help.

I have a Huge Sharepoint list more than 10000 Rows and getting more and more, How can I get the count for All Sharepoint Items ??

looking for a solution not delegable.

Waiting for your support.

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mo_gamal ,

This might be a solution for you to stop trying - with all the delegation issue (CountRows is not delegable) and the way PowerApps loads data, it cannot I believe be done. I found this article to explain it

KChristoph
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey @Mo_gamal
I have a quite dirty workaround for you, which only works, if you do not delete any items in this list... 
In one of my lists I use the ID of my SharePoint Items for this. Like:

Last(DataSource).ID - First(DataSource).ID

Otherwise you might need to collect your list in separate collections like @mr-dang shows in his workaround

and count the rows of these different collections...Still not a very handy way to deal with such a simple problem...

I think this should be possible without any of these workarounds...

Hi @KChristoph 

Ingenuity never ceases - and it will probably work for @Mo_gamal .

It would not work for in our case as we archive items, but I did however forget the absolute obvious with a SharePoint list - just put a Count total on a view of a field that always has data in it and get the total numbers in SharePoint (which is on every one of of lists) and will count to 120,000 in a document library we have.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,698)