Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Count items in a gallery

Hi there,

Quick question here?

I have a gallery with a couple of labels, one of the labels is the result of a radio button with items "Single" and "Double" I would like to add outside of that gallery to labels to show the total value of:

Total Singles :

Total Doubles:

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,

But let's say your radio box (let's call it Radio1) that is within the gallery looks like this:

radiobox.PNG

ie: where Items = [ "Single", "Double" ]

so your filters would be:

• Total Items in the Gallery:   CountRow( Gallery1.AllItems )
  • Num where Radio is Single:  CountRows( Filter( Gallery1.AllItems, Radio1.Selected.Value = "Single" ) )

• Num where Radio is Double:  CountRows( Filter( Gallery1.AllItems, Radio1.Selected.Value = "Double" ) )

You'll want to double check the syntax in the filter, but I believe this is correct.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the name of the gallery is Gallery1, you can (outside of the gallery) get the number of items in the gallery using:

CountRows( Gallery1.AllItems )

The AllItems here is the key as it references each "row" in the gallery.  I'd imagine you could use Gallery1.AllItems and filter it before doing the CountRows() in order to see how many of each were "single" or "double".  

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sajarac 

As an idea you could define a variable when each radio button is selected, then use the CountRows function to count rows in the gallery that is filtered by that variable / radio button selection?

Radio button OnSelect:

UpdateContext({ItemSelection: Radiobutton.Selected.Value})

Then the row count might be displayed in a label with Text:

CountRows(Filter(Collection, [Column used to determine Single/Double] = ItemSelection))
Highlighted

Wow, thank you very much for this prompt response.

So you mean apply two filters?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,

But let's say your radio box (let's call it Radio1) that is within the gallery looks like this:

radiobox.PNG

ie: where Items = [ "Single", "Double" ]

so your filters would be:

• Total Items in the Gallery:   CountRow( Gallery1.AllItems )
  • Num where Radio is Single:  CountRows( Filter( Gallery1.AllItems, Radio1.Selected.Value = "Single" ) )

• Num where Radio is Double:  CountRows( Filter( Gallery1.AllItems, Radio1.Selected.Value = "Double" ) )

You'll want to double check the syntax in the filter, but I believe this is correct.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you very much for your prompt response!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to be of help.  I was working in a gallery this evening (see my other post) and this was easy for me to try at the time.  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,483)