Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Count of rows for current user only

Hi,

I have a helpdesk system and created the following dashboard. However, all the counts work based on filters for ALL users except for 'My Cases' which only works for me and nobody else.

The filter I have for My Cases is:

CountRows(Filter('Complaints Manager Archive',Lower(Case_x0020_Handler.Email) = Lower(varUser.Email))

varUser is assigned the users email onStart: Set(varUser, User())

Please can someone help me understand why this works for me but not for anybody else? To be clear, all other users are able to see the counts for everything else except for 'My Cases'.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Count of rows for current user only

Hi @Mo_Islam ,

strange we need not to use Office365Users.MyProfileV2() for this simple thing. However, this pulls down the performance badly so do as this:

App onStart property Set(varUser,Office365Users.MyProfileV2());
and then change the formulas as 

CountRows(Filter('Complaints Manager Archive',Trim(Lower(Case_x0020_Handler.Email)) = Lower(Trim(varUser.mail)))

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mo_Islam,

I am assuming "complain Management Archive" is a list if not change the formula as this:

CountRows(Filter(SPListName,Lower(Case_x0020_Handler.Email) = Lower(varUser.Email)))

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for your prompt response. It is the name of my SP List. I actually managed to get this to work by using the following:

CountRows(Filter('Complaints Manager Archive',Trim(Lower(Case_x0020_Handler.Email)) = Lower(Trim(Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail)))

I had to add the Office365Users Connector.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mo_Islam ,

strange we need not to use Office365Users.MyProfileV2() for this simple thing. However, this pulls down the performance badly so do as this:

App onStart property Set(varUser,Office365Users.MyProfileV2());
and then change the formulas as 

CountRows(Filter('Complaints Manager Archive',Trim(Lower(Case_x0020_Handler.Email)) = Lower(Trim(varUser.mail)))

Regards,

Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mo_Islam,

Hey, if the issue is resolved please mark all the helpful replies as a solution so that others can make use of it.

Regards,

Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Mo_Islam ,

I was going to post here but realised that @KrishnaV has already answered and it is impolite to post while another forum contributor has the matter under control and is answering promptly.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, yes I couldn't understand why it would not work either so this way seems to be the only working option with the O365 connector.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,087)