cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

CountIf - Building a simple report to show counts of items in a list based on a specific name

Good day! I am hoping someone might be able to offer some insight that I seem to be overlooking as my code just doesn't want to do anything for me!

"Phone - Sign: " & CountIf(Lead_Data, AssignedTo.Value = "AgentsName.SelectedText.Value" || LeadMember1.Value = "AgentsName.SelectedText.Value" || LeadMember2.Value = "AgentsName.SelectedText.Value" || LeadMember3.Value = "AgentsName.SelectedText.Value" || LeadMember4.Value = "AgentsName.SelectedText.Value" && CreatedMonthYear = "Nov 19" && SourceDetails.Value = "Sign Call")

I have a drop  down that pulls a list of names from a SharePoint list called AgentsName. I am trying to say if the AgentsName selected in the dropdown matches what is in the SharePoint list column AssignedTo, LeadMember1, LeadMember2, LeadMember3, or LeadMember4 then count it. Also ensure that the CreatedMonthYear column states Nov 19 and the SourceDetails column states Sign Call.

I felt that this was a pretty basic formula but I seem to have gone wrong somewhere as I can only get it to keep reporting zeros. I am not experiences any errors displaying in my code.

AssignedTo, LeadMember1-4 and SourceDetails are choice columns. CreatedMonthYear is a calculated field pulling the month and year from the Created column.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: CountIf - Building a simple report to show counts of items in a list based on a specific name

Figured this one out on my own. My first error was that I had quotes around part of the formula that did not need quotes. Oops. Secondly, I did not need to use && only a "," in this situation because of the way CountIf works. "," separates conditions in this formula.

"Phone - Sign: " & CountIf(Lead_Data, AssignedTo.Value = AgentName.Text || LeadMember1.Value = AgentName.Text || LeadMember2.Value = "AgentName.Value" || LeadMember3.Value = "AgentName.Value" || LeadMember4.Value = "AgentName.Value", CreatedMonthYear = "Nov 19", SourceDetails.Value = "Sign Call")

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: CountIf - Building a simple report to show counts of items in a list based on a specific name

Figured this one out on my own. My first error was that I had quotes around part of the formula that did not need quotes. Oops. Secondly, I did not need to use && only a "," in this situation because of the way CountIf works. "," separates conditions in this formula.

"Phone - Sign: " & CountIf(Lead_Data, AssignedTo.Value = AgentName.Text || LeadMember1.Value = AgentName.Text || LeadMember2.Value = "AgentName.Value" || LeadMember3.Value = "AgentName.Value" || LeadMember4.Value = "AgentName.Value", CreatedMonthYear = "Nov 19", SourceDetails.Value = "Sign Call")

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,057)