Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_Dob
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

CountRows 50K limit workaround

Hello Experts,

As the title suggests I am looking for a workaround to have the CountRows functionality on tables with +50K records. Currently I am using CountRows for a dashboard as shown below. It Filters a 'Cases' table on a status to display the amounts of each status a case could be in.

It should be live updating when people are updating cases in the application. I had the idea to have a separate table to hold the filter values and update them each time cases get updated. However this makes quite the rework as I would have to implement this everywhere cases get updated.

Anthony_Dob_0-1651647483710.png

Any suggestions on the easiest/fastest approach on this are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anthony_Dob
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I found a solution,

If you add a numeric column to your table and set it for each record to 1. Then you can do the next formula:

Sum(Filter(<Your Table>, <Your Filtering>),<ColumnName that has the 1 in it>)

Anthony_Dob_1-1651677171733.png

Best Regards,

Anthony

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_Dob
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I found a solution,

If you add a numeric column to your table and set it for each record to 1. Then you can do the next formula:

Sum(Filter(<Your Table>, <Your Filtering>),<ColumnName that has the 1 in it>)

Anthony_Dob_1-1651677171733.png

Best Regards,

Anthony

Anthony_Dob
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

EDIT: 

I just found out that the SUM function only works for 50k records at the time. This was from an article from 2019. Is this still the case? Otherwise my solution won't work as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,943)