Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adyboon
Helper I
Helper I

Couple of questions regarding formulas not working

I have these formulas

This one on the item in the gallery, makes the search bar work when searching for the title. Works fine. There is also a descend/ascend button on the app that is mentioned here. That sorta works, if there are 300 items, when you make it descend it only goes to 99 down to 1, then ascend goes back to 1. Never goes to the actual last item.

Side note, this also doesn't list the items 1 by 1 to start with. It goes 1, 10, 100, then 1 by 1. I'd rather it not skip, but don't see any code that would cause this.

SortByColumns(Filter([@'List In Sharepoint'], StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

The descend/ascend button code is below (sort of works, only goes to 99 on descend, no idea why)

UpdateContext({SortDescending1: !SortDescending1})

Finally, I tried to simply force it to show the last item with the code below, doesn't work at all, but no errors.

SortByColumns('List In Sharepoint',"Title",Descending)

Pretty sure my problems stem from the initial code string, but not sure why.

I did try to change the default of the gallery to the below to show the last item entered, doesn't work no matter if the search string in the first example is present in the "items" of gallery or not. Tried LastN also.

Last('List In Sharepoint')

I did get a label to tell me the ID of the last item in the list, which is helpful.

Last('List In Sharepoint').ID

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@adyboon 

What is the Record Limit set to in your advanced settings in the app?

It sounds like you are not getting to all the results you need and some of the things you are trying cannot be delegated.

Check that limit and see if raising it resolves the issue you are having.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Data Row Limit is set at 500, I went ahead and set it to 1000 with no difference.

Current number of rows is 323

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@adyboon 

Change your items property to:

SortByColumns('List In Sharepoint',"ID",Descending)

Do you see the last item in your SharePoint list (according to ID)?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@adyboon 

Were you able to work through your issue or do you still need help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,525)