cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will11
Frequent Visitor

Crash - Add Picture Control, Use Photo, iOS

Hi All, 

An old issue seems to have resurfaced over the weekend.

User is seeing repeated crashes when attempting to 'Use Photo' when capturing from the the native camera on mobile via the 'Add picture' control. I recall seeing this a couple of years ago and if I recall the subsequent PA version appeared to resolve it.

User was running an iPhone 7 with iOS 14.3, PA 3.21013.19, with crashes occurring random between adding the first and 5th image. Updated to iOS 14.4 and now crashes consistently on adding first image. 

No issues seen when adding image from folder. Tested with iPhone 5S running iOS 12.4, no issues seen there either.

Any thoughts or just fingers cross next PA version solves again?

Cheers

Will

Last Crash Details:

Session - 6195c2e7-412e-4138-a5b5-0f9086d992ad

PA Version - 3.21013.19 

Device - iPhone7

iOS - 14.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will11
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jefferni

The error manifested itself in two states either has a lock up of the app require and hard close and reset or the app reset itself and returned to the landing screen.

We carried out some further testing with other users, devices and iOS version where available and have not been able to replicate the issue, it appears to be isolated to this single users device.

A power cycle of the device cleared the issue for a period, the user estimate 3 days, after which the crashing behavior returned, I'm thinking memory management issue on the device.

Given that this is isolated to single device I'm going to mark as resolved, will continue to monitor and report back if anything changes.

Cheers

Will

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Will11 ,

Could you please share more details about the error? What would display on the phone when issue occurs?

I made a test with iPhone 12 and ios version 14.2.1 and Power Apps version 3.21013.19, AddPicture control works well.

If possible, please have a try with another phone with other ios versions like 14.2 and check if the issue persists. If not then it could be caused by ios, otherwise we will need to look for some other reason.

I will test further on my end as well, if you found anything please update here.

Or you could raise a ticket on support page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Will11
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jefferni

The error manifested itself in two states either has a lock up of the app require and hard close and reset or the app reset itself and returned to the landing screen.

We carried out some further testing with other users, devices and iOS version where available and have not been able to replicate the issue, it appears to be isolated to this single users device.

A power cycle of the device cleared the issue for a period, the user estimate 3 days, after which the crashing behavior returned, I'm thinking memory management issue on the device.

Given that this is isolated to single device I'm going to mark as resolved, will continue to monitor and report back if anything changes.

Cheers

Will

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,509)