cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnYberllan
Regular Visitor

Create A Input Data App

Hi

Is there a video anywherethat will show me how to create a Powerapp for a user to enter information into fields and then add that data to a list in SharePoint on line. I have found how to create an reading data from a list in SharePoint, however I not want to show that screen to all users, i.e. I do not want the user to see what we already have in the list. I want the user see the add new screen first. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JohnYberllan,

I haven’t found such a video, you could try to create an app from blank, on the first screen, add several Text input controls, then add Patch function and Navigate(if you need to navigate to a Details Screen) function on a button.

By this way, you could show the user a add new screen first, then navigate them to a Details Screen.

About how to use Patch function and Navigate function, please check these documents for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-patch/
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-navigate/

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,376)