cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnYberllan
Regular Visitor

Create A Input Data App

Hi

Is there a video anywherethat will show me how to create a Powerapp for a user to enter information into fields and then add that data to a list in SharePoint on line. I have found how to create an reading data from a list in SharePoint, however I not want to show that screen to all users, i.e. I do not want the user to see what we already have in the list. I want the user see the add new screen first. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JohnYberllan,

I haven’t found such a video, you could try to create an app from blank, on the first screen, add several Text input controls, then add Patch function and Navigate(if you need to navigate to a Details Screen) function on a button.

By this way, you could show the user a add new screen first, then navigate them to a Details Screen.

About how to use Patch function and Navigate function, please check these documents for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-patch/
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-navigate/

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,049)