cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Accubohr
Frequent Visitor

Create Checkboxes dynamically / make Checkboxes visible dynamically

I try to create an app as a kind of Maintenance Plan for Equipments. Every Equipment (EQ) has its own unique no. and some checkpoints as for e.g. "Check Oil level", "Check water level" and so on. They can be up to 60 Checkpoints for each EQ. In this example I only created one checkpoint for each EQ for better understanding.
Each Checkpoint has its own "check-cycle". For example: Oil has to be check every calendar week, water ever 4th week and air every 13th week. I've created checkboxes with the visible property as you can see in the attached image. The Maintenance Plan App can be included more than 6,000 items with - in average - 25 checkpoints for each EQ. That means, I have to create minimum 25 rows with 26 checkboxes for every EQ data set. And I have to set their visibility manually for each of these checkboxes. 😥
And now my question: Is it possible, to create checkboxes automatically depends of the value in the column "WP1Z"?

E.g.: Value is 13, then create checkbox or make them visible and if its also possible, set checkbox in the right order.
In this case on CW 13.

PA Checkboxes Dynamically.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidZoon
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello,

Here you can take advantage of the galleries:
Just create a horizontal gallery and add 3 text labels for the week numbers and 3 check boxes.

In the Items parameter of the gallery, put sequence(26)

For text labels, put sequence(26) in the text parameter

For the checkbox with a check every 4 weeks, put in the OnVisible parameter: Mod(number,4)= 0
For the checkbox with a check every 13 weeks, put in the OnVisible parameter: Mod(number,13)= 0

Checkboxes should only appear on the correct weeks

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Accubohr You can use the Gallery to do this. Put the checkbox inside the Gallery and set the Items property of the Gallery to the column "WP1Z".

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

Accubohr
Frequent Visitor

Thank You very much for help. I‘m not really shure how to deal with it, but it gave me some ideas. I created Collections with table function, e.g. a table with 26 columns with ID an X-position for setting the checkbox in the right position - in my case the X-postion of the calendar header items.

DavidZoon
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello,

Here you can take advantage of the galleries:
Just create a horizontal gallery and add 3 text labels for the week numbers and 3 check boxes.

In the Items parameter of the gallery, put sequence(26)

For text labels, put sequence(26) in the text parameter

For the checkbox with a check every 4 weeks, put in the OnVisible parameter: Mod(number,4)= 0
For the checkbox with a check every 13 weeks, put in the OnVisible parameter: Mod(number,13)= 0

Checkboxes should only appear on the correct weeks

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily.

Thanks David, I will check it next week (I can only do this at work) and will inform you guys.

Thank you very much. I did some "optimizations"...works out fine. 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,440)