cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Create Collection filtering all ID's from existing collection against ID in SharePoint List.

Hello, in the following formula my goal is to create a new collection named Votes_COL3 that will be populated with all records from the outcome of filtering the MeetingID column within the SharePoint List Meeting-Votes against Topics_COL.ID which is also a SharePoint ID column in a collection.  Basically the goal is to fill the new collection with all records that match every ID from Topics_COL.ID  While this formula seems to work I am dealing with the delegation warning and not filtering is a problem as this list is massive.  I feel like there must be a way around this using a different approach.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

ClearCollect(
Votes_COL3,
ShowColumns(Filter('Meeting-Votes', MeetingID in Topics_COL.ID),
"MeetingID",
"Vote",
"Employee",
"Title"
))

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Create Collection filtering all ID's from existing collection against ID in SharePoint List.

The delegation is based on using the 'in' filter.  If everything is under the 2000 extended limit then it is not a problem.  If it is over the 2000 than it is plus you have other issues as a Collection is restricted to 2000 records at any time unless you connect them together

I assume you are using the in as the ID sits with the text in Topics_COL.ID and it is with other text?

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Re: Create Collection filtering all ID's from existing collection against ID in SharePoint List.

Yep, I meetingID and ID are one of the same just in separate lists as MeetingID is populated with ID further upstream in the PowerApp.

Meeting-Votes' is the problem as its going to get quite large and I have no need to return all the values however only the values that match the ID from the collection Topics_COL

I understand the 2000 record limit and it will get larger.  I am open to other methods however not sure if there is a way to match a bunch of records in one data set against another without delegation issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,763)