cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Create Event From Sharepoint List which is sent by the item creator

HI!

I created a flow that creates a calendar event once an item is added from a sharepoint list.

I noticed though that all calendar invites are being sent by me (the flow creator) 

Is there a way for this to be sent by the person who created the item?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @purplejelly24 ,

"I noticed though that all calendar invites are being sent by me (the flow creator)"

Actually the invites are sent from the owner of the calendar (in this case again you 😊) and I am affraid that you can't do anything to avoid this.

As a workaround, you can create a service user who can be the owner of that shared calendar and in this way you will impersonate the organizer of the event. In this case you don't forget to add the real organizer of the event to required attendees. 

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @purplejelly24 ,

"I noticed though that all calendar invites are being sent by me (the flow creator)"

Actually the invites are sent from the owner of the calendar (in this case again you 😊) and I am affraid that you can't do anything to avoid this.

As a workaround, you can create a service user who can be the owner of that shared calendar and in this way you will impersonate the organizer of the event. In this case you don't forget to add the real organizer of the event to required attendees. 

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

@gabibalaban Oh thanks for confirming. I'll try to do that. 🙂 Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,001)