cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
rlmckean
Helper IV
Helper IV

Create Item - Sharepoint list field is missing

Hi Mabel

Just when I thought I had got sort of sorted by reimporting all my lists via excel I now find that one list is missing one field. The list looks like this (extract)

 

clients 1.JPG

 

and the listed firelds like this 

clients2.JPG

Notice Company Name is missing ! I have checked the lists structure in sharepoint and it is a text ( not large) field.  This was working fine this morning - However I then had tro change the Access database ID field in excel to CLID as this was called up by another list and the numbers were not sequential due to deletes etc. After changing the table heading of the field ID to CLID I reimported and now cannot get the Company name - What could be wrong this time ?? Another day halts at a standstill !!

 

Cheers

Richard

4 REPLIES 4
rlmckean
Helper IV
Helper IV

An Update

Saved the list in excel as excel file not table, changed the column position of company name , imported into sharepoint list, now company name field is in Power Apps - Why is this soooo difficult ??? Surely there is a simpler way of getting Web Apps data into  sharepoint lists - which is what Microsoft wants us to do

 

Cheers

 

Richard

Hi rlmckean,

 

What’s your Access version?


I am using Access 2016 desktop, and I am using the button Move Data to SharePoint under Database Tools. Seems that I don’t get any errors when using this way to export Access Web App data to SharePoint list.

3.PNG

 

If possible, please try my way to see if it works for you.

 

 

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Mabel - I will try this ! - I exported the data when logged into the web app as there is facility to do that from there - I will try from the desktop and see how it goes. Slowly working through the issues in the app development, all of which seem to be arising from some conflict in the data !

Many thanks for ongoing help

 

Cheers

 

Richard

Hi Mabel

I have just found one of the issues - When importing into Powerapps, the first column of the sharepoint list is renamed Title. I am just setting up a data card and noticed this. This will be the reason why when using autocomplete for clearcollect, lookup etc the expexted field name was not there- 

On another topic, with access - when using a dropdown as a lookup, you are able to pick one field to display and another to collect as a filed value. I used this to show contact names for instance and collect the contact ID to save into the record. I guess there is no such way with Powerapps - but would be a good addition. 

Cheers

Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,648)