cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CourtneyKing

Create Multiple Instances of a Form

I'm new to Power Apps, and having some trouble with what seems like should be possible. Using an Excel spreadsheet as a template, I created a form in SharePoint for users to fill out. The intention is that a user will be able to fill out the form with multiple entries (what would be rows in the Excel file, and what I believe Power Apps refers to as items). All the entries for a single user should be stored together, and be able to submitted as one unit. When another user fills out the form, however, they should have a separate instance of the entire form, submit their own items as a single unit, and not be able to see what another user submitted. 

From the SharePoint form I originally created, I made an app. I've played around with different ways to accomplish what I outlined above in Power Apps, including duplicating screens from the original (which I have labeled as a template) in Power Apps, making additional views in Sharepoint, etc. Each time, when I enter values for each of the field, they update on all the views (ex. the template and the actual data forms) rather than only the place where they were entered. 

There's multiple things I would like to accomplish with this in the future, including automating data entry, but for now I'm looking for any advice on how to accomplish creating multiple, separate instances of this form. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,153)