cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Office365 Group event and invite required attendees

Hi all,

I note that it is possible to add required attendees to an Office365 Group event in Outlook.com. Is it possible to do this in Powerapps?

Thanks!

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

So I did a little searching on this and the issue is really that the group calendar is not exposed in a way that it can be reached by ID.  The Graph API can get to it, but it is by reference of the group ID.

Not sure if that is something that will eventually be exposed or not.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Yes, you can do this in PowerApps.  You'll need to make use of the Office 365 Groups Connector. And specifically the CreateCalendarEventV2 action.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hi @Anonymous 

You can refer to this video for help regarding the Outlook Event Creation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeQDIBrJjRg

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yashag2255 & @RandyHayes, thanks for your replies.

I'm specifically looking for required attendees for Group events. @RandyHayes, that connector was my first point of call but there doesn't appear to be a parameter for required attendees (I don't want to invite the whole group to every event I create, just specific group members). Apologies if I'm missing something!

@Anonymous 

Ah, so then that is not really a Group event if you're not inviting the whole group.  In this case you need to look at the Office 365 Outlook Connector.  And use the V4CalendarPostItem (Create event V4).

What you will need to get for this then will be the Group Calendar ID and supply that to the action.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes I guess it would still be considered a group event because it will be visible to all group members, but I really do need to specify and required attendees

Unfortunately, I came unstuck with V4CalendarPostItem too, as passing in the group id did not work. Do you know of a way to get the Id for a group calendar?

Thanks again

@Anonymous 

So I did a little searching on this and the issue is really that the group calendar is not exposed in a way that it can be reached by ID.  The Graph API can get to it, but it is by reference of the group ID.

Not sure if that is something that will eventually be exposed or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's hoping it will!

Thanks @RandyHayes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,836)