cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bvandyke22
Helper III
Helper III

Create Pop Up

I have an app where techs will be submitting Calibration Reports.

I would like to add a Pop Up for when the tech presses the save button, a message comes up and says Saving.... then switches to Saved or Failed, Depending on if the save was successful.

If the Save was Successful, I would Like to navigate away to my list of calibration reports, or if it Fails, remain on the same page and have the pop up disappear after a second or two. 

I honestly have no idea how to do this, but I imagine it can't be too hard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Bvandyke22 

Here is my suggestion then...

Place the pop up items you want on the screen - suggestion is a label that says saving (Text property: "Saving...")

I would make it the full size of the screen and then set the vertical and horizontal alignment to center, then set the fill to RGBA(0,0,0,.53) to provide a pop up "feeling".

Set the Visible property of the label to lclSaving (note, you will see an error on this at this point, don't worry, it will go away with the next steps).

In your Submit button, put:

UpdateContext({lclSave:true});  SubmitForm(yourForm)

In the OnSuccess and OnFailure actions of the form, put:  UpdateContext({lclSave:false})

This will give you the pop up when saving.  

Is that sufficient for you or do you need more for the pop up?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Bvandyke22 

The first big question is how are you submitting your report?  Are you using an edit form?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Yes, It's an edit form, and the DataSource is an Excel Sheet

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Bvandyke22 

Here is my suggestion then...

Place the pop up items you want on the screen - suggestion is a label that says saving (Text property: "Saving...")

I would make it the full size of the screen and then set the vertical and horizontal alignment to center, then set the fill to RGBA(0,0,0,.53) to provide a pop up "feeling".

Set the Visible property of the label to lclSaving (note, you will see an error on this at this point, don't worry, it will go away with the next steps).

In your Submit button, put:

UpdateContext({lclSave:true});  SubmitForm(yourForm)

In the OnSuccess and OnFailure actions of the form, put:  UpdateContext({lclSave:false})

This will give you the pop up when saving.  

Is that sufficient for you or do you need more for the pop up?

View solution in original post

I think this will be sufficient! I appreciate the help, and I will try this out in just a few. If there are any issues I will report back!

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Bvandyke22 

Very good.  See how that works out for you.

You originally mentioned the pop up showing that it was successful or a failure.  To do that part would imply that the user would either then need to click on something to "dismiss" the pop up, or that some timer would close the pop up automatically.  All very possible, just a different approach. 

So, I wanted to present a simple start at first.

This was a simplistic version and is fine for what I need. I just mainly want the guys to know the app is working, rather than clicking a button 100 times.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,657)