cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create PowerApp in Client's Tenant

I suspect others must have run into this, but I can't seem to find the solution.

I work for a company and I have 365 account.  For example   Me@MyCompany.com 

I'm at client and my id (My@MyCompany.com) has access to their 0365 enviroment.  I go to a list on my client's SharePoint page and click to create a PowerApp.  Problem is a few redirects occur and I'm brought to my company's tenant, not my clients.  It wants to create the PowerApp in my company's tenant.  I can't seem to create a PowerApp on my client's tentant.

Near the top of the page their is an "Environment" drop down and I thought maybe that was the way to change to my client's tenant, but my company name is the only one listed.  

Is it possible to creeat a PowerApp on my Client's tenant using my company's ID which was granted rights to their farm?  Or do I need them to create me a sepreate account on their farm?  Or is there some other way to do this.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create PowerApp in Client's Tenant

Hi @edfmueller,

May I know by having accessing to the client's tenant, how did they give your access to it? Did you mean that they have external sharing for SharePoint Online? Were you an authenticated external user for client's SharePoint site following below documentation?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-external-sharing-for-your-SharePoint-Online-environm...

Notice that:

Because external users do not have a license to your Office 365 subscription, they are limited to basic collaboration tasks:

• An authenticated external user can perform tasks on a site consistent with the permission level that they are assigned. For example, if you add an external user to the Members group, they will have Edit permissions and they will be able to add, edit and delete lists; they will also be able to view, add, update and delete list items and documents.

If this is the case, and you want to create PowerApps on their PowerApps site, then you need to  be assigned an appropriate Office 365 license of their tenant.

I have also found an idea thread talking about external users in PowerApps, you could add your request there maybe.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Share-with-external-users/idi-p/4114/page/6#comm...

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Have a search, im sure ive seen this answered before..

On the otherhand, you could create the app in your tenant, then save to computer once your done, then add it to one of their accounts later.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @edfmueller,

May I know by having accessing to the client's tenant, how did they give your access to it? Did you mean that they have external sharing for SharePoint Online? Were you an authenticated external user for client's SharePoint site following below documentation?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-external-sharing-for-your-SharePoint-Online-environm...

Notice that:

Because external users do not have a license to your Office 365 subscription, they are limited to basic collaboration tasks:

• An authenticated external user can perform tasks on a site consistent with the permission level that they are assigned. For example, if you add an external user to the Members group, they will have Edit permissions and they will be able to add, edit and delete lists; they will also be able to view, add, update and delete list items and documents.

If this is the case, and you want to create PowerApps on their PowerApps site, then you need to  be assigned an appropriate Office 365 license of their tenant.

I have also found an idea thread talking about external users in PowerApps, you could add your request there maybe.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Share-with-external-users/idi-p/4114/page/6#comm...

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Mona,

I need to confirm with our infrasture team, but based on my experiance and other conversations I been part of, it seems like I'm accessing via:

Sharing with authenticated external users – sites, folders, and documents can be shared with external users who have a Microsoft account or a work or school account from another Office 365 subscription or an Azure Active Directory subscription.

I do not have an O365 liscense on the clients tenant, I do have one with my company.  And it is that account that I use to access my client's farm.  While I been granted rights to most things, per your email and the links it seems that I would I need my client to provide with a liscense to create PowerApps within their tenant.  It would be nice if my liscense with my company's account allowed me to do that, but seem like it dosen't.

This was very helpful.  Thank you!

Ed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,384)