cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Records pertaining to existing records

I have a customer list that I've loaded into a basic powerapp that will allow me to search for a specific customer, add a new customer, or delete an existing record.

Is there a way to make an activity log that connects to each customer record. So if I click on John Smith's 'detailform' page there would be another button on that page that would allow me to fill out another form that only relates to John Smith's account?

Thank you,

Slowly losing my sanity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 
The general idea here is to create 2 lists.  One for customers and one for "forms".  Each entry into the "forms" list should have a reference back to the customer in the Customers list.  Easiest way to do this is create a LookUp type column in the "forms" table in  SharePoint that points to "customer".

From there you will start to build in PowerApps.  You can start with 4 screens.

1.  Gallery to select the customer

2.  Detail form to show the customer info

3.  Gallery to show the customer's forms

4.  Detail form to show the form info

How the user will progress from one screen to another is up to you.  If you want to the user to click a button on Screen #2 to go to Screen #3 you can accomplish this by using code like this in the button.  (Note: here I assume CustomerID is a number).

Set(currentCustomer, Value(DataCardValue_CustomerID.Text))

And code like this in the Screen #3 gallery

Filter(your_forms_datasource, CustomerID.Value = currentCustomer)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

More information is needed here on what you mean by "Detail Form".

Will there be only 1 Detail Form per customer OR can there be multiple Details Forms for a customer?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideally multiple 'detailforms' for each customer with the ability to quickly navigate to each from a central location. So in my head - search customer list - find customer - click on their details page - have the ability to see and add to additional galleries that only pertain to the account. For example have a button on a 'John Smith's' Account Detail page that would navigate you to an additional gallery name 'John Smith's Equipment' with the ability to view and add to it. Rinse and repeat for every account.

Thank you for your time

Dean

@Anonymous 
The general idea here is to create 2 lists.  One for customers and one for "forms".  Each entry into the "forms" list should have a reference back to the customer in the Customers list.  Easiest way to do this is create a LookUp type column in the "forms" table in  SharePoint that points to "customer".

From there you will start to build in PowerApps.  You can start with 4 screens.

1.  Gallery to select the customer

2.  Detail form to show the customer info

3.  Gallery to show the customer's forms

4.  Detail form to show the form info

How the user will progress from one screen to another is up to you.  If you want to the user to click a button on Screen #2 to go to Screen #3 you can accomplish this by using code like this in the button.  (Note: here I assume CustomerID is a number).

Set(currentCustomer, Value(DataCardValue_CustomerID.Text))

And code like this in the Screen #3 gallery

Filter(your_forms_datasource, CustomerID.Value = currentCustomer)

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,585)