cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oskarkuus
Level: Powered On

Create Repport from Powerapps

I have an app for an client that want to get a repport from the apps data each month.

I am thinking something in the line of designing a PDF that flow setup each month at a specific date and populate with data. But i cant figure out if this is even possible...

I can just make a powerapps page/screen and design the repport on that one. But then it is not really a repport and not somehting my client can share with ppl not using the app.

3 REPLIES 3
mogulman
Level 8

Re: Create Repport from Powerapps

I do this weekly for active clients.  I looked at numerous approaches.  I use Azure SQL DB for data which provides incredible flexibilty.  I thought about using Azure Functions and a free tool called EPPLUS and some webservice to convert Excel to PDF.  I just couldn't figure out how to get webservice to work.  I know Excel and VBA very well.  I just created an Excel addin (xlam) which I run on desktop machine.  It connects to DB and creates an Excel report that contains Pivottables, tables and charts that I save as PDF.  I use an Excel macro to connect to Outlook and email report. I use Task Scheduler to run at 8:30am every Monday morning.  It has worked reliably for several years.  The only issue is it is not a cloud solution.

Oskarkuus
Level: Powered On

Thank you. ill look into that.

But i understand the problem with not being a cloud solution.

I really want it to be a cloud solution.

My idea is to fix this with Flow. But so far the files that flow creates or tries to edit gets broken for some reason. So atm i am at an dead end.

mogulman
Level 8

Azure Functions works with Azure SQL DB.  If an Excel report will work look at EPPLUS.  There are some C# dlls that allow you to create pdf files from C#.  They weren't robust enough for me.  I briefly looked at GemBox.  I want a C# solution that works Azure Functions that can create fairly complex pdf reports that can be sent to clients.  So far my current solution works but I would perfer a cloud solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,328)