cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Create a 3rd Collection (i.e., JOIN) From Two Collections

I am creating two collections from their respective SharePoint lists.  Both SP lists have a lot of columns but I only require 2 columns from each list.  This is working as expected. 

ClearCollect(colDashboardOne, ShowColumns('Deal-Intake-App', "Title", "Close_x002d_Date" ));
ClearCollect(colDashboardTwo, ShowColumns('Deal-Updates', "Deal_x002d_Ref_x002d_ID", "Pursuit_x002d_Closedown_x002d_Da" ));

However, when I create a third collection from the these two, I am missing a column.  What is the easiest method to create a 3rd collection that includes all four columns? The JOIN is where the Title = Deal_x002d_Ref_x002d_ID.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bolin-stratus 

Oups ... I mistype my formula, there is no need of double-quotes: 

ClearCollect(thirdCollection, AddColumns(colDashboardOne,"Pursuit_x002d_Closedown_x002d_Da",LookUp(colDashboardTwo, Title = Deal_x002d_Ref_x002d_ID, Pursuit_x002d_Closedown_x002d_Da))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @bolin-stratus ,

ClearCollect(thirdCollection, AddColumns(colDashboardOne,"Pursuit_x002d_Closedown_x002d_Da",LookUp(colDashboardTwo, Title = Deal_x002d_Ref_x002d_ID, "Pursuit_x002d_Closedown_x002d_Da"))

Actually I think that you'll have 3 columns, right ?

Hope it helps !

@gabibalaban - Thanks for the quick response.   The code you provided almost solves the issue but the Pursuit Closedown Date is blank for some reason.  From the image below you can see there is data in the Pursuit Closedown Date in the colDashboardTwo collection.  However, although the thirdCollection has a Pursuit Closedown Date column, there is no data.  
Power Apps - JOIN 2 Collections dashboard.PNG

@bolin-stratus 

Oups ... I mistype my formula, there is no need of double-quotes: 

ClearCollect(thirdCollection, AddColumns(colDashboardOne,"Pursuit_x002d_Closedown_x002d_Da",LookUp(colDashboardTwo, Title = Deal_x002d_Ref_x002d_ID, Pursuit_x002d_Closedown_x002d_Da))

View solution in original post

@gabibalaban - Marking this as the solution. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,722)