Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Create a Log-text in list of sharepoint-online

Hello,

I have a problem and would need your hivemind to help me. I need to create a flow that let me see changes in a created app via Powerapp.

I have a list in Sharepoint-Online with different columns. One column is named "log" and it needs to "log" the changes in the other columns. What flow should I use? Or how to create a flow that does exactly that?

Does anyone has a idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Create a Log-text in list of sharepoint-online

AFAIK you cannot create a flow by itself that will be able to have an "audit log" of changes in a SharePoint list - if you use the "when an item is modified in a list" trigger you only get the new values, not the old ones.

What you can do is, in your app, when making the changes to the SP list, you also insert a new row in your audit log list (or table, or any other data source) with the changes that were made. If you are using the Patch function to update the record then you know all the changes that are being made, and if you are using an edit form, then you can use the Updates property of your form to retrieve those and save to your audit.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,389)