cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a Sharepoint Calender (that can be opened in Outlook) with workflows, being able to customize the forms

Hello. I was asked to create a Calendar in SharePoint that also uses workflows and can be opened in Outlook. I did it wuth SharePoint Designer 2013. I was than asked to customise the form that one uses to make new event on the calendar. I think I need InfoPath together with SharePoint Designer. I dot have a licence for InfoPath but a Microsoft Business 365 licence wich includes PowerApps and Flow.

Is this possible with PowerApps and Flow to create a Calendar (not a list with a calendar view wich cannot be opened in Outlook but a real calender) that integrates workflows (such as E-Mail sending) and wich forms are completely customizable?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to use customize form of sharepoint to deal with the calendar of oytlook?

PowerApps have lots of connectors that can be connected with various data sources.  You can work with Office365 connector to get calendars from outlook or create events. And all of thing can be done in customize powerapps form of Sharepoint.

In addition to flow, you can also use 'Send an email' function to send an email automatically.

But it is difficult to get a shared calendar,  Office365.outlook can only return a Caldenar of Birthdays, Calendar and United States holidays. For more information, you can refer to this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-a-shared-Team-Calendar-from-Teams-Sharepoint-connecting/td-p/338094

Best regards,

Sik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-siky-msft 

thank you for the answer!

I would like to either edit the existing forms of my sharepoint calendar or to create a new sharepoint calendar with workflows. It is important that the calendar can be opened in outlook. I don t have infopath but only PowerApps and Flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,241)