cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Create a collection from a OnSelect action in a Gallery using Sharepoint Lists

I am trying to create a collection from a OnSelect action in a Gallery in the following scenario.

My app is for Worksheets held in a SPOL list and on launch shows a gallery of open worksheets for the assigned user.

When the user selects a worksheet they get a screen with the form data view plus at the bottom I have setup tabs using the excellent article at:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/part-2-of-tabbed-user-interface-mobile-version

I have two tabs where the initial tab is the Worksheet detail and the other tab shows start/stop date/times for that Worksheet.

The user can have up to 5 start/stop date/times for the Worksheet so I have these as separate SPOL list, called Time, linked to the Worksheet list using the unique SPOL Id of the Worksheet stored in Time list. When the tab for Time is selected the screen is supposed to show a gallery of the Time details for the related Worksheet.

I am aware of the issue relating to the blue icon if I use the likes of Search, Lookup, Filter for the "items" value in the Time table -> "part of this Lookup formula cannot be evaluated due to service limitations".

So I was trying to setup the OnSelect property for the > select arrow on the initial gallery list to create a table collection using the Worksheet Id of values for the related Time view. Now I can get this to work if I hard code the Worksheet Id but I cannot seem to get it to work if I use either a local or global variable, set to the select Worksheet id, to filter the Time list.

There are number of great solutions in this board for similar issue, but I was not able to get any to work, like:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Can-I-add-fields-from-multiple-data-sources-into...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Consolidated-data-from-sharepoint-lists-into-dat...

Anyone any advice on how to get this to work?

Thank you.

HCG

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hgowdy,

The blue remindings is a known issue, you may check the following article for more details:

Understand delegation

"I have these as separate SPOL list, called Time, linked to the Worksheet list using the unique SPOL Id of the Worksheet stored in Time list."

Do you mean the time List and the WorkSheet List is in lookup relationship?

So the structure here is, under the Time List, there is a lookup field using the SharePoint List ID of the Worksheet list to identify the proper worksheet?

If this is the case, then the filter or search function will not working, as lookup type used under the query is not supported for delegation, which is a known limitation.

"

Now I can get this to work if I hard code the Worksheet Id but I cannot seem to get it to work if I use either a local or global variable, set to the select Worksheet id, to filter the Time list.

"

Could you please explain a bit for the issue here? Which formula you used to create the collection, better with more details about the two lists.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,638)