cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Create a collection from a selection field, is it possible?

Guys, I have a selection type field on my form with 2 choices 1- full return 2 partial return. I would like that when a total return is selected, a collection will be created automatically from the items that appear when the order products are searched. it's possible?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@beatrizmoura26 
OK, then I would recommend you COPY + PASTE the code that is working right now within your button to the OnChange property of the Dropdown/ComboBox.  Anytime the value in the Dropdown/ComboBox changes the code will execute.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Thak you very much

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

@beatrizmoura26 
Yes, I believe this is possible.  Can you please give more info so I can replicate what you are trying to do?

@mdevaney 

I have 2 key fields 1 is the order number to which the customer and the order products are searched in my database.
In a selection field I have 2 options
1 - Full return
2 - Partial return.

What I wanted:

When the order number and order items were loaded, when selecting the option total return for this action of selecting the option total evolution, a Collection was created with this information.

Today I have a button that does this, but I would like it to be selected instead of having to click on that button

@beatrizmoura26 
Are you asking how to programmatically click a button?  You can do this with the Select command.

Select(your_button_name)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

No, I want to stop using the button and put the creation of the collection from the selection

@beatrizmoura26 
OK, then I would recommend you COPY + PASTE the code that is working right now within your button to the OnChange property of the Dropdown/ComboBox.  Anytime the value in the Dropdown/ComboBox changes the code will execute.

---

Thak you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,394)