cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gestion_vsp

Create a drop down list with lists from diffrent sharepoint sites

I want to create a drop down list where I can choose a Sharepoint site.

Then a second drop down list where I can choose a list from that Sharepoint site.

Then i can add to my list.

Is it possible to do this in power apps?  

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Create a drop down list with lists from diffrent sharepoint sites

Hi @Gestion_vsp ,

I'm guessing this isn't as simple as connecting your app to all the lists you want to edit and then letting the user choose one?  If so, it sounds like you would need to make use of the SharePoint REST API to call sites, then call list resources from the selected site.  If so then that might mean reading a few blogs instead of just a forum response Smiley Very Happy

Using the SPO API from PowerApps would likely mean building a flow to run HTTP REST calls and then pass the data back to PowerApps, or adding a custom connector for the SPO API.

So in all likelihood, it should be possible, but you may need to do some research into the SPO REST API, Flow HTTP with Azure AD calls or Customer Connectors.  You can also consider using the Graph API endpoint to list sites, lists and listitems, but this might require some additional work to get set up and would still need to be brokered via a custom connector.

Hopefully there's enough here to get you started - if you decide to go for it, perhaps you can post a nice blog on your experience to help others? 

Kind regards

RT

Gestion_vsp

Re: Create a drop down list with lists from diffrent sharepoint sites

Hi @RusselThomas .

Thanks for the quick reply. I will reaserch the possibilities you proposed. I guess I got some reading to do. lol

I will post my steps once I get it working.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,681)