cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create a flow thats sends an email to a team when a new lead is created

Hey,

I am quite new to this and i allready looked if there is a solution to this but i couldn't find anything. What i am trying to archive is not very complicated but i fail to do it:

I would like to implement a flow that is triggered when a new lead is created in Dynamics. The condition should be that the system checks if the lead is assigend to our sale-team and send out an e-mail to that team. After the lead is taken over by a member of the team a email should be sent with the new status to the teammembers.

Is that something flows can do? I really hope so

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Create a flow thats sends an email to a team when a new lead is created

That is a great situation for a flow:

1. create a flow from a solution

2. select the common data service current environment connector

3. Choose the when a record is created, updated, or deleted trigger

4. On your trigger, set the entity to lear, the trigger to when a record is created, and scope to organization

5. Next add a get record step--choose lead for the entity and select the Lead id from the when a record is created step for the record id.

6. Next add another get record step--choose team for the entity and owner as the record id from the first get record step.

Now you have everything you need. The email address is on the team and we now have the team record that the lead is assigned to. 

7. Next send an email--you have two choices--the mail connector of the O365 outlook connector. I like the mail connector for general notification type emails because I don't need to mess with mailbox connections.

In the send email step, select the "to" field and select the email address field from the team. Enter in to the subject and description the desired message text, including dynamic references to whatever lead fields you want to include.

This assumes that you have an email address on the team record. Some people have crated a distribution list email address for the team and then use that for team notifications. Alternatively, you could add a step to list records of users linked to the team and then send an email to each team member.

Highlighted

Re: Create a flow thats sends an email to a team when a new lead is created

Thank you so much for you reply but i fear i am a little bit confued about this one:

Next add a get record step--choose lead for the entity and select the Lead id from the when a record is created step for the record id.

How do i do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,549)