cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveareno
Helper II
Helper II

Create a folder with differing title and name properties

I am trying to create a canvas app that prompts the user for the Name and Title properties for a folder. Normally when you create a folder in a SP document library, it populates the Name field but the Title is blank. On my PowerApp form I have two fields as shown below.

PowerApps 01.JPG

I put an employee number - 99999 - in the Number field and a name in the Name field. I have a Power Automate flow that gets triggered when Create Folder is clicked.

PowerApps 02.JPG

The folder is created but the value for the Employee Number field is used for the folder Title and Name. If I enter just a name in the Name field, the folder is created with the name in the Title and Name field. 

Is there a way to trigger the folder creation from PowerApps but have the fields populate their respective properties in the folder? I've looked at a lot of tings online and nothing seems to address this particular problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steveareno ,

You could add a step in your flow to update the title column.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1649124522106.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steveareno ,

You could add a step in your flow to update the title column.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1649124522106.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Thanks, but I don't see an Updatefileproperty PowerApps choice in the Dynamic Content list. Where do you get that from?

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steveareno ,

Click on the 'Ask in powerapps' and it will appear.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Perfect! Worked like a charm. Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,557)