Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanPhelps
Microsoft
Microsoft

Create a leaderboard from a sharepoint list with numbers running alongside

Hi PowerApp's community,

I am building a PowerApp where employees can earn points for submitting the number of presentations they have done.

As part of this I have a live updated leaderboard to show who has the most points.

The data comes from a SharePoint list and I am currently using this "Sort(GroupBy(Points, "Name", "ItemsByName"),CountRows(ItemsByName),SortOrder.Descending)" which works fine, however I would like to have ranking numbers by each name so when the list grows longer people can see what rank they are.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could do this? 

Any help would be much appreciated! 😄

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Is the Marks (column which holds record of points) already existing in the Sharepoint list?

SortByColumns(AddColumns(
GroupBy(
Points,
"Name",
"MyGrpCol"
),
"CountAllRows",
CountRows(MyGrpCol),
"SumMarks",
Sum(MyGrpCol, Marks)),"SumMarks")

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem,
please accept this reply as the solution

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately I don't have a column with marks, the points are calculated by counting the number of values created by one person. I am looking to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc running alongside my leaderboard 🙂

Sean

Hi @SeanPhelps ,

I'm also looking for a similar solution, have you found any help so far?

ArvindaSudan
Frequent Visitor

Hi @SeanPhelps ,

I found the solution.. hope this would help you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q42ibovAqZc

Hi @ArvindaSudan ,

Good shout on the video, it's one I've watched before and helped me to get to my current situation, it doesn't however allow for (1st, 2nd, 3rd) to run along the side.

Any other thoughts would be much appreciated! 😄

Thanks,

Sean

Where you able to find the solution? If you have can you please share it with us? I am also trying to implement this solution to my gamification leader board for the first 50 people. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,036)