cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjharte
Level: Power Up

Create a new version of a record

Hi All,

So, i'm stuck!, i'm trying to create a basic documentation register, where people can login, fill in the document details and a document number is generated based on the input, which i can do, however, if the document changes and new version is issued, how do i create a new version, without typing in all of the detail again, i.e. retrieve the record, change the date and version and save as a new record?

ive tried opening in edit mode, and saving as new record, but nothing i seem to do works... any help greatly appreciated,

many thanks in advance

P

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a new version of a record

Hi pjharte,

You said that “fill in the document details and a document number is generated based on the input”, how are you doing this?

And about this “if the document changes and new version is issued”, do you mean that the document is updated on the destination where it located?

I would like to know more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
pjharte
Level: Power Up

Re: Create a new version of a record

Hi Mabel,

Sorry for the late reply, im concatinating the fields together ie,

"PO-"& ThisItem.Organisation &"-"& ThisItem.Group &"-"& ThisItem.Document_ID_Ref

would give me eg. PO-COMM-PSO-000001

In a datacards Default field.

The change to a document would be external to powerapps, im using powerapps purely as the document register to tarck and record the latest status/version of issued docs (hope that makes sense).

best regards

P

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,533)